Game Pill combines talent, imagination, and passion to create interactive experiences. We do what we love, so you can love what we do. 😉 ***
We are a passionate team aspiring to make compelling experiences, rich in story, emotion, immersion and meaningful game play. We are seeking a MULTIPLAYER NETWORK PROGRAMMER to work alongside our team on unannounced titles.
The ideal candidate will be highly motivated, passionate about gaming, and able to effectively communicate with the team. We strive for team members who have an ability to understand others vision, contribute to it, and turn it into reality.
In the role of MULTIPLAYUER NETWORK PROGRAMMER you will be pivotal in bringing our creative ideas to life in a spectacular multiplayer game. We are looking for someone with the necessary skills to investigate, define, implement and deploy networking features that support a smooth and engaging cooperative game play experience.
Whether you are working on cloud systems, peer-to-peer and peer-to-server communication, or going deep into the game play features that empower online game play experiences, this is more than just coding a feature in a single layer; it is about owning the vision from game play design goals, all the way to the nut and bolts of the engine and networking.
- Analyze and enhance existing features
- Design and develop new features for our networking and multiplayer game play systems
- Collaborate with designers in order to create new user experiences and online game modes, writing bug-free and maintainable code
- Work is done mostly in C++, but Python is also required in some of our workflows.
- Follow best practices, development processes, and coding standards
- Create and implement well-engineered, reliable, maintainable, and bug-free code
- Ability to work under tight time constraints and deadlines
- Able to own large engine features from start to finish
- Must have a positive and supportive attitude and enjoy working with others
- BS or higher in Computer Science or a related discipline
- Excellent communication across disciplines
- Solid understanding of networking systems
- Passionate about making great games
- 1+ years of experience in multiplayer game development
- Experience developing systems for high-availability online services (servers)
If you feel you are an awesome candidate for this position, please apply by sending your cover letter, resume, and portfolio link to [email protected]
We look at every application, resume and portfolio we receive, but due to the high volume of applications, we will do our best to respond to all candidates who apply.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org