2D Game Artist/Animator
Game Pill combines talent, imagination, and passion to create interactive experiences. We do what we love, so you can love what we do. 😉 ***
We are a passionate team aspiring to make compelling experiences, rich in story, emotion, immersion and meaningful game play. We are seeking a 2D ARTIST/ANIMATOR to work alongside our team on unannounced titles.
The ideal candidate will be highly motivated, passionate about gaming, and able to effectively communicate with the team. We strive for team members who have an ability to understand others vision, contribute to it, and turn it into reality.
The 2D ARTIST/ANIMATOR will help create in-game 2D assets and animations that are both visually stunning and offer great gameplay opportunities. The ideal candidate should be comfortable with creating game concept art and final in-game assets such as backgrounds, UI, and animated characters.
- Work with the Art Director and other key stakeholders to create game-ready UI, illustrations and animations
- Create 2d animations including but not limited to character animations and cinematic cut-scenes
- Create hand painted 2d textures
- Create concept art
- Follow production pipeline, ensure art is created efficiently, and effectively integrated into products
- Follow style guides, and assist in their creation when needed
- Export and assemble images from art files within prescribed technical parameters and protocols
- Experience working in a variety of art styles
- Experience with 2D art tools such as: Photoshop
- Experience with animation tools such as: Flash, Toonboom, Spine2D
- A proven track record of art assets on projects that are complete
- Degree or diploma in animation, or equivalent years of experience
- Excellent 2D Art skills (i.e. Photoshop, Substance Painter, etc.)
- General mastery of a range of art assets including but not limited to: environments, objects, character assets and clothing, icons and UI elements
- Superb imagination and creativity
- Ability to match existing art styles & work in multiple different styles
- Organized, meticulous, and thorough working habits
- Good verbal communication, problem-solving, and teamwork skills
- Ability to pick up new technical skills and concepts quickly
- Strong time management skills and ability to meet deadlines
- Experience with Unity is a bonus
- A passion for games, and a desire to create games
- You are versatile, flexible, and willing to do what’s needed in a fast-moving environment
- Fine art skills: Sketching & Painting both digitally and on paper.
- An understanding of cross platform play, the: ability to make art look awesome on a variety of devices (mobile, PC, etc.)
- Ability to design stages of Good, Better, and Best
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to work under pressure and within deadlines.
If you feel you are an awesome candidate for this position, please apply by sending your resume, cover letter, references and demo reel to:
Using the form at:
Applying via Linkedin:
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org