Game Pill combines talent, imagination, and passion to create interactive experiences. We do what we love, so you can love what we do. 😉 ***
We are a passionate team aspiring to make compelling experiences, rich in story, emotion, immersion and meaningful game play. We are seeking a 3D GENERALIST (ENVIRONMENT) to work alongside our team on unannounced titles.
The ideal candidate will be highly motivated, passionate about gaming, and able to effectively communicate with the team. We strive for team members who have an ability to understand others vision, contribute to it, and turn it into reality.
The 3D GENERALIST (ENVIRONMENT) will help create 3D environments that are both visually stunning and have great gameplay opportunities. The ideal candidate should be able to create a fulfilling 3D space, working closely with stakeholders to ensure both game metrics and architecture mesh together.
What You Will Do:
- Work in close-collaboration with Designers and Modelers as a team to create 3D environments
- Design and work out the details of modular systems of architecture for levels
- Own final art quality of levels
- Collaborate with designers to create a purposeful space
- Model environmental elements as needed
- Plan physical puzzles as needed
- Implement effective and efficient lighting to complete the tone and feel of the scene
- Prop rigging and animation
- Optimize final levels/environments for performance
- Work with Art Director to ensure artistic unity across the game
Who We Think Will Be A Great Fit:
- 5 or more years of experience in internal game development with an emphasis on environmental art
- At least 1 shipped title
- Ability to mentor and potentially lead other artists in the development of their skills
- Exceptional communication skills
- Ability to communicate and collaborate
Desirable Skills and Experience
- Knowledge of 3D Studio Max, ZBrush, Substance Painter and Photoshop
- Basic animation and rigging abilities to setup props and puzzle elements
- Moderate scene lighting knowledge, Realtime vs Baking and so on
- Recent use of Unity3d and Unreal
- Ability to inspire and bring out talent in others
- Attention to detail
- Classic drawing or painting techniques with the ability to sketch out ideas on paper
- Good sense of spatial composition and proportions
- Understanding of basic architecture
- Understanding of gameplay functions
- Understanding of physical puzzles
- A passion for video games and a lot of experience playing a variety of genres.
- Fine art skills: Sketching & Painting both digitally and on paper.
- An understanding of cross platform play, the: ability to make level art look awesome on a variety of devices (mobile, PC, etc.)
- Ability to design stages of Good, Better, and Best
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to work under pressure and within deadlines.
If you feel you are an awesome candidate for this position, please apply by sending your resume, cover letter, references and demo reel to:
Using the form at:
Applying via Linkedin:
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com