Game Pill combines talent, imagination, and passion to create interactive experiences. We do what we love, so you can love what we do. 😉 ***
We are a passionate team aspiring to make compelling experiences, rich in story, emotion, immersion and meaningful game play. We are seeking a 3D MODELLER to work alongside our team on unannounced titles.
The ideal candidate will be highly motivated, passionate about gaming, and able to effectively communicate with the team. We strive for team members who have an ability to understand others’ vision, contribute to it, and turn it into reality.
The 3D MODELLER will help create 3D assets that are both visually stunning and have great gameplay opportunities. The ideal candidate should be able to create fulfilling 3D characters and spaces, working closely with stakeholders to ensure both game metrics and architecture mesh together.
What You Will Do:
- Work in close-collaboration with Designers and Modelers as a team to create organic and hard edge 3D models;
- Understand the game setting and create credible characters and objects that fit within the universe and story, study the creative and artistic documents to understand the characters and world setting;
- Work with animators, programmers, the game designer and the project manager to understand the scope of design intentions, constraints and deadlines;
- Create and integrate characters as dictated by technical constraints. Be open to iteration and exploration on demos or prototypes;
- Produce basic textures to apply and give colour to characters and apply and balance materials in a realtime engine;
- Optimize the UVs to maximize texture use;
- Bake normal maps for all 3D models;
- Contribute to character playability ideas and aesthetic designs;
- Stay up to date on best practices in the video game industry, work to integrate them into the project and share knowledge with inter-project colleagues;
- Carry out all other related 3D modeling tasks or playtesting requests.
Who We Think Will Be A Great Fit:
- 2 or more years of experience creating 3D models (hard edged and organic)
- At least 1 shipped title
- Exceptional communication skills
- Ability to communicate, collaborate, and iterate
- A passion for video games and a moderate level of understanding of different game genres (RPG, FPS, Sports, Esports, etc)
Desirable Skills and Experience
- Knowledge of 3D Studio Max and/or Maya and comfortable making 3D models within those packages
- Experience with Substance Painter or Substance Designer
- Experience with texture creation, normal map baking, and material application
- Basic animation and rigging abilities a plus
- Moderate scene lighting knowledge, realtime lighting vs lightmap baking a plus
- Classic drawing or painting techniques with the ability to sketch out ideas on paper
- Good sense of spatial composition and proportions
- Good sense of basic architecture styles and motifs (classical, art deco, brutalist, etc)
- Basic understanding of how game art interacts with gameplay mechanics is a plus
- Fine art skill experience is a plus
- A basic understanding of casual and console platforms.
- Ability to make level art look awesome on a variety of devices (mobile, PC, console, etc.)
- Ability to work efficiently within set timeframes and deadlines
If you feel you are an awesome candidate for this position, please apply by sending your resume, cover letter, references and demo reel to:
Using the form at:
Applying via Linkedin:
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org