Game Pill combines talent, imagination, and passion to create interactive experiences. We do what we love, so you can love what we do. 😉 ***
We are a passionate team aspiring to make compelling experiences, rich in story, emotion, immersion and meaningful game play.
The Art Director is responsible for the quality and critical success of each individual project under their supervision. The incumbent is a coach and advisor to the team, ensuring high quality products that meet the goals and objectives of the Producer. He ensures his team’s knowledge and skills development and keeps them current on the latest trends in the games industry and best practices. The Art Director must have the ability and interest to both lead and to participate in design tasks, evaluate, tweak and balance a game’s finer details on a daily basis.
The Art Director will be well-versed in project management methodologies, in addition to having a background in Art. The individual in this role will interface with both internal and external stakeholders and vendors.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work with the Producer and core creative team to define the vision of a game/project.
- Partner with team members to develop the artistic tone (character attributes, setting, tone, key gameplay moments, etc.).
- Create the visual style guide of a game (put together mood boards, references, and descriptions).
- Coordinate and oversee the art team throughout production.
- Find balance between artistic aspects and technical/business constraints.
- Provide leadership and constructive feedback to achieve quality.
- Participate in recruitment to build and grow the artistic team.
- Assume responsibility for the project quality, while remaining mindful of timelines associated to a project’s creative tasks, including but not limited to, concept development, pitching, prototyping and production (including live ops);
- Demonstrate “hands-on” leadership by constantly reviewing game builds and providing constructive feedback;
- Mentor and train the creative staff, as well as maintain and keep current on industry knowledge of competitive games, successful genres, market trends and innovative game mechanics;
- Help to design compelling games based on original or existing intellectual properties;
- Develop new intellectual properties that take into account the most recent market trends and identify franchise and brand extension opportunities;
- Communicate complex creative ideas to a wide and varied audience, from executives to technical staff;
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in the interactive entertainment industry in a leadership role with proven success in previous creative endeavors within the PC, console and/or mobile space;
- Solid experience overseeing multiple projects simultaneously;
- Relevant experience managing a game development process using industry milestones;
- Proven track record with at least one successfully published game chart-topper;
- Solid ability to effectively pitch game concepts in drawings, writing, verbally or live presentations;
- Video game history demonstrating solid creativity and innovation skills;
- Knowledge of Photoshop and 3D software (e.g. 3DS Max)
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills
- Creativity and resourcefulness, finding a way to accomplish goals creatively
- Effective time management, problem-solving, and organizational skills
- Ability to accept feedback and adapt to it
- A willingness to roll up your sleeves to get the job done!
- Bachelor’s Degree, College diploma or equivalent work experience
If you feel you are an awesome candidate for this position, please apply by sending your resume, cover letter, references and demo reel to:
Using the form at:
Applying via Linkedin:
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org